Goals – What You Need To Know

Here at BAD Athletics, achieving goals is a huge part of who we are. Our mission is to help women discover and achieve their potential. We do this through providing the resources necessary to succeed. Whether you want to experience muscle gain, weight loss, an increased knowledge in nutrition, or an improvement in your mental health, we are here to help you! This blog is all about goals, what you need to know, the importance of having goals, and more.

How do you achieve your potential? By setting goals. Goal setting is something that we should constantly be experiencing. Don’t wait till New Year’s Eve to set goals for yourself. Setting goals can be intimidating and overwhelming, but the more you set and achieve them, the more comfortable you will become with the process.

Let’s dive into the basics of goals and goal setting and how you can start living the life you’ve always wanted!

What is a goal?

“Goals are essentially everything you want to do in life before passing on. They’re the stuff people remember you by when you are no longer around. Why are goals so important? Setting goals gives you purpose, and they help you to guide your life.”

Goals need to align with your values, which means you need to care about your goal on a deeper level. If it’s not something you’re passionate about, you won’t achieve it.

The importance of having goals

Without goals, we wouldn’t be able to learn, grow, and accomplish the things we want to in life. In a nutshell, goals are a way for us to articulate our aspirations and make them a reality. They’re the roadmap to becoming the person we want to be.  

How to set a goal?

As I mentioned earlier, it doesn’t have to be a new year for you to set goals, but a new year is a fresh start and a great reminder to evaluate where you’re at and where you want to go. It can be hard to set goals, but it’s one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Goals give us direction and purpose.

Do it for you

One of the main reasons I think people struggle to set and achieve goals is because they aren’t setting goals that they are passionate about. A goal should help you achieve your dreams and become the person you want to be.

Don’t set a goal because you “think” you should. Set a goal because deep down it’s something you’ve always wanted to achieve. Do it for yourself.

Fear of failure

I am sure this is something we can all relate to, but most of us fail before we can even begin. You can’t achieve greatness if you are scared to fail. Your goals should be something worth risking failure in order to achieve. 

At the end of your life, would you rather look back with regret because you never put yourself out there, or would you rather look back knowing you gave it all you had and held nothing back?

Don’t let the fear of failure limit you.

Wishes & dreams are not goals

There is a difference between having dreams and having goals. Wishes and dreams don’t have to be specific. Goals on the other hand need to be clear, written down and very specific. 

Wishes and dreams can help us figure out what we want and therefore lead us to discover our goals. It’s important to recognize the difference between wishing something would happen and actually taking the time to write it down and make a plan.

Make your wishes & dreams a reality by setting goals!

The secret to success

The secret to success? Writing down your goals. I’m serious!

There was a Harvard study conducted between 1979 and 1989. In 1979, the participants in the study were asked if they had clear, written down goals. Only 3% of the participants had goals written down. 13% had goals, but they weren’t written down and finally 84% had no goals at all. In 1989, ten years later, they resurveyed the participants and found that the 13% who had goals but didn’t write them down made 2x more than the 84% with no goals. The 3% who had their goals written down, made 10x more than the other 97% of the participants in the study. 

Click here to learn more about this study.

It’s amazing how powerful writing down your goals can be. Start today! Make a list of everything you want to accomplish and chase the goals that make you feel the most alive and fulfilled.

Take action today

Why wait? There’s no time like the present! 

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu

Take that first step today. Start by writing out everything you want. Dream big and don’t hold back.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *